Re-imagine our public spaces! In 2020, Porter Park will anchor a mile of city streets that are open for people to walk, bike and play. You’ll find giant games, foursquare in the street, bicycle-powered rides, fitness classes, skateboarding, local food and drink, street installations, dance, music and more. Porter Park is bordered by Garfield Avenue to the north and the 17th street cul-de-sac to the south.
Sponsor Open Streets
Show your support for community livability by being an event sponsor! Choose your level of support, starting at $150.
Thank you for championing our streets as places to walk, bike, and play!
Neighbors on the event route are invited to set up mini-events in their front yards. What ideas will you bring? Here are some of ours:
- Ping-pong table
- Charades- circle of chairs, box of ideas in the middle
- Rock painting station
- Recipe giveaway
- Wet sponge bullseye
- A front yard salon! Braid hair, let people give themselves pedicures, soak their feet
- Aromatherapy tent
- Giant bubbles
- Bike-wash station
- Sprinkler obstacle course with pool noodles
- Fortune teller
- Selfie booth with props/costumes
- Dog washing station and/or water bowls + waste bags
- Set up a lounge – chairs, hammocks, rugs, ambiance
- Music (Bagpipers, we’re looking at you.)
- Creative shade spaces
Build community through shared physical activity and fun!
Need ideas? We’re full of them. Contact us.