Each year volunteers play an important role in making Open Streets Corvallis successful. Volunteers help set-up, keep people hydrated, manage intersections, and more!
Volunteers also help with outreach and planning. If you are interested in helping prior to the event, please fill our volunteer interest form!
We have volunteer opportunities available from mid-morning until late afternoon on the day of the event. We also need help setting up the street demonstration on the day prior to the event. Volunteer sign-ups will be available in July.
EVENT DAY: Arrive 10-15 minutes early for your shift and check in at the Volunteer/Info Tent. You’ll receive your volunteer t-shirt and any materials you’ll need for your shift.
Event Day Volunteer Positions
- Beer Garden Monitor: Monitor the entrance/exit of the beer garden and make sure that no one leaves the fenced area with alcohol.
- Event Clean-up: Enjoy the entire event and then help beautify the parks and streets afterward. Help take down and pack up tables, chairs, tents, and other equipment. Remove signage and barriers.
- Event Set-up: Set up the park under the direction of our Park lead: help with beer garden fencing, event day signage, tables, tents and other equipment.
- Intersection Superhero: Hand out event day schedules to festival-goers; Answer questions; Redirect most cars; Escort (walk) local residents driving their cars to/from their homes; Make the event fun and help out with safety, too!
- Recycling Superhero: Manage one of the waste stations at the park. Help attendees sort their waste into compost, recycling and trash.
- Volunteer Tent: Help check in volunteers and direct them to their locations.
- Water Team – Rehydrator: Support the Intersection Superheroes by bringing them water on a hot summer day! We have the water, you just need a bike and trailer to haul it.